At Meanwood, we are proud of the care and education that we provide for our children. We have a committed staff team who care passionately about making our school the best school it can possibly be.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection was in December 2021.
These are some of the strengths of our school:
- Pupils enjoy school. They are happy and behave well.
- The care and support that staff provide is of the highest quality.
- Pupils feel safe because of the actions that staff take.
- Pupils said that staff always have time to listen to any concerns they may have.
- Pupils enjoy talking about their feelings.
- Pupils are polite and respectful towards each other, staff and visitors.
- Leaders are determined to improve how well pupils achieve.
- The school motto, 'making the difference' threads through all aspects of school life.
- Leaders have created a caring school that encourages everyone to be the best that they can be.
- Leaders are taking determined steps to improve the school’s effectiveness.
- Staff are skilled at identifying pupils who may have SEND.
- Leaders place a high priority on developing pupils’ reading.
- Pupils enjoy reading because of the changes that leaders have made.
- Children in Reception and Nursery settle quickly because relationships with staff are caring and supportive.
- They enjoy playing with each other and behave well.
- Leaders plan a wide range of opportunities to broaden pupils’ experiences.
- Staff enjoy working at the school.
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective.
- The safety of children is paramount at the school.
- Staff are highly vigilant. They act quickly when they spot any concerns.
- Leaders and staff know the children and their families extremely well. They work tirelessly with other agencies and professionals to keep children safe.
We welcome feedback from parents and carers. Please click on the icon to the right to complete the survey or to view the school's survey results